Skip to main content

DEEPLY by Megan Gogoll

Deeply


I want to let go.
I want to run from societal constraints and smash the glass ceiling.
I want to live barefoot in the forest, amongst the trees, and become Goddess..
I want to Breathe.
Deeply
So very deeply

Inhale down to my nether regions,
Hold it.
This moment.
Right here.
Exhale.

I am grasping in a home with so many screens and walls and dejection.
I need to uncover myself..
Be stripped bare, be naked.
In the sea.
In the moonlight.
Feel the Earth under my feet, in between my toes,
Grounded.
Grounded and connected.
To light, to being.

I want to weep on my knees with the exquisite ache that resides in my heart.
It is heavy.
Heavy and full with love and gratitude, and masochistic tethers.
Am I tied to, or tied down?

I want to shatter them, break them, rip them from the ground and run,
Sprint.
Breathe.
Deeply
So very deeply

My wings are dark and excruciating,
They are desperate to expand.
To soar and be seen.
I revel with the lucid, the ecstasy, the benevolent unknown.

Like dipping a toe into the sea, I am ready for the sting.
The bite.
I welcome it.
The flame and passion are dancing on my skin. Enticing me and reminding me to..
Breathe.
Deeply
So very deeply

The light and life are reflected in my eye.
It beckons me inward.
Inward.
More.
Further still.
The divine facets of it All, lie within.

Deep as deep.
Deep as the ocean.
Here is the rapture of truth..
Not without.

To run is to forget and falsify the roots of my very soul,
I need only to dive.
And to Breathe.
Deeply
So very deeply.


Megan Gogoll: I’m a poet. I commune with my soul and roar truths, supporting you to do the same. I’m interested in the human condition and have a degree in Psychology to prove it. I’m an anxiety warrior. I’ve been rocked by dark depths and now thrive in union with my anxiety. I’m here to help you pen your emotions.I host  The Anxious Poet Podcast which features interviews with some ferocious femmes and talented word wizards. I do live poetry gigs and slams so check out where I will be performing next. I’m also available for hire at creative workshops and concerts, school events, markets, community gatherings, you name it!  I also offer the powerful (Not-So) Anxious Sessions to get to the bottom of your anxiety and make a friend out of her. I have created an incredible free seven day writing course for you called INK + FIRE to tap into that juicy heart of yours, start roaring your truths, and get those soul words flowing! Yearning for more? Head to Why Poetry here. Dive into my archives of poems or have a mosey at my published words here.

*For submission guidelines, click here.*

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...