Skip to main content

WOMEN, YOUR SICKNESS IS OF A DIFFERENT KIND by Megha Venketasamy

Women, Your sickness is of a different kind!

“A woman who is starved for her real soul-life may look “cleaned up and combed” on the outside, but on the inside she is filled with dozens of pleading hands and mouths”. 
~Clarissa Este Pinkola~

To women who write to me , whispering that “I am sick”

KNOW that YOU are NOT SICK.
WE do NOT DENY that YOU are SUFFERING. WE ACKNOWLEDGE the PHYSICALMENTALEMOTIONAL and PSYCHIC PAINS that YOU ARE going THROUGH
Your SICKNESS is of a DIFFERENT KIND.  You have DRIED YOURSELF up from YEARS of NOT LISTENING to YOURSELF. Your INTERNAL RIVER is POLLUTED with taints that are UNNATURAL to YOU.

YOU are NOT to be BLAMED for YOU are BORN in a WORLD that 
MOCKS your CURIOSITY calling it SPOOKY
YOU are NOT to be BLAMED for YOU are BORN in a WORLD that
RIDICULES your INTUITIVENESS calling it MENTAL
YOU are NOT to be BLAMED for YOU are BORN in a WORLD that
INVESTS in SHUNNING YOU from your TRUTH
YOU are NOT to be BLAMED for YOU are BORN in a WORLD that
NORMALIZES VIOLENCE for you.

YOU are NOT SICKYOU are at a TURNING POINT where YOU can either 
GO HOME TO YOURSELF or let this WORLD NIBBLE over whatever is left of YOU.
YOU are NOT SICK. Within CRYDOZENS
OF HUNGRY MOUTHS AND HANDSWAITING for you to TEND TO YOURSELF.
YOU are NOT SICKYOU are on the PATH that many WOMEN BEFORE TREADED ON,

When the WISE ONE within BECKONS
A PATH OPENS
A PATH that will ASK of YOU TO
TEND to your INNER FIELDS
UPROOT the WEEDS
OPEN the GATES of your INNER WATERS
FLOOD the RIVERS
WASH AWAY the poisonous TAINTS
NURTURE your fertile SOILS

KNOW that there is not a single SICKNESS that your BODYTEMPLE cannot CURE.
The CHOICE is YOURS, either YOU WALK home TO YOURSELF or YOU can consciously LET this WORLD NIBBLE over whatever is left of YOU
KNOW that there is NO RUNNING OUTWARDS this while,
THE PATH IS INWARDS
THE DESCEND IS WITHIN
THERE IS A RIVER OF WOMEN WAITING FOR YOU WITHIN

May You chose
To reclaim 
Your stories, 
Your beliefs
Your agreements
Your bleeding
Your Body
Your Psyche

Image source: Jairo Alzate, Unsplash

Megha Venketasamy holds a degree in Business Management and is an Associate Certified Meta-Coach and a Meta-NLP Practitioner certified by the International Society of Neuro-Semantics. She is a Certified Shakti Moon Woman Circle Facilitator hosting women circles and support women seekers in merging the light and dark within through shadow works. Megha is the founder of Nyame Dua, a company whose mission is to support women and girls in re-claiming, re-conciliating, re-membering and re-writing their truths. She is a Vital Voices Alumni and a Mandela Washington Fellow 2017. In her professional and activism commitments, Megha focuses on journeying with women by walking through belief systems, combining neuro-semantic tools with facilitation tools, for that which is constructed can be deconstructed. She journeys with women so that they remember and re-member their inner power and then they lead their way through.

*For submission guidelines, click here.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Gather

IMBOLC by Caroline Mellor

The inspiration for this poem came after I watched a magical winter sunset and full moonrise from the top of Firle Beacon in the South Downs... Unusually for me, I wrote the poem quite quickly and changed it very little before publishing it – perhaps the energies were working through my pen! Imbolc is the mid-point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. It’s a fire festival which I particularly love because of its associations with Brigid, the Celtic Mother Goddess of arts and crafts, clear sight, healing, inspiration and nurturance of creative talents – something which, through my writing, I am always trying to connect with.  I also love Imbolc because, with so much darkness and negativity in the world today, it is a time for hope, potential, visioning and initiation. With love and blessings as the light returns. Photography by Chanel Baran IMBOLC    by Caroline Mellor I am the dream of awakening. I am the returning of the night.  I am the tough green

WINTER SOLSTICE: A GIFT OF LOVE by Carolyn Riker

I’ve had several days now of alone time… It is unusual and a gift that I couldn’t see until I breathed it. I have been able to watch the sun’s rise through the grey of dawn and smile at the flickers of frost melting on the waving boughs of evergreen. It’s unique to follow daylight as it traverses the tempo of a cat’s soft slumbering purr. Night comes swifter and the glow of candles and the flames of fire comfort me more than the steady stream of always-doing-more. As much as I resisted, I needed this break. I had no idea how much my body was trying to tell me   slow down   until the exhaustion settled in around my joints. My eyes swam in molasses. Heaviness of I-can’t-hold-out-much-long, walked me to the throne of my nest. It’s winter’s gift of self-nurturing and love. It’s been a quiet proclamation of femininity and a need for comfort foods. Lemon crisps and cranberry, white-chocolate shortbread dipped in tea; I felt a hint of being pampered without