Skip to main content

JOURNEY by Fateme Banishoeib

‘Journey’ is the opening poem of a collection of poetry and photos…

This collection is called Tea of Tibet, and collects the desire to explore and discover what makes us all human. Traveling to Tibet has been a dream coming reality for me.:Traveling far enough to meet myself.

Anthony Bourdain said that travel isn’t always pretty. It is not, nor is it comfortable, and it leaves marks in the memory and heart. As children, we are told that dreams help us to live better. As women, we learn dreams make our spirits restless. The dream is to leave something good behind.

During my travels, I used my eyes to see beyond the dreams; creating an extension of the heart using my pen and my camera. The magic is making up the journey as we go! Remembering who we are, and not what we are told to be in order to fit in.

This poem is dedicated to women who dream, to those who are forever seeking. May you also find yourself upon your journey! 

Journey
by Fateme Banishoeib


Separating the seeds from the dirt 

Discriminating

Making the difference 

Choosing 

Self-determining our intrinsic nature 

Without bending to “Sort of”


What do I crave?

What do I desire?

For what do I yearn?


The checkpoints to ourselves 

Holding to the inner energy of no cheating 

The journey to me


The trip to forget who I became

and remember who I am 

Walking

Talking


Under the roof of the world

A vacation from what I am not

That leaves only one me


The one thirsty for illuminate water pouring from the spring 


Fateme Banishoeib was born in Italy under the sun of a summer day. In her brings bridged worlds. She is a seeker and a traveler, is many and multitude, deep roads and wild forests. She is passionate about beauty in all its forms, infinitely in love with the heart matters and fond of diversity. Always with a poem in the hands, in the eyes, in the ears, believing that if we all have four brothers that represent and inhabit the four virtues a person needs to be safe and happy: intelligence, friendship, strength, and poetry…her four brothers are Poetry, Poetry, Poetry and Poetry. Her poems appeared on BeYou Media Group and she just published a book of poems and photo inspired by a trip to Tibet. Tea of Tibet, is available on Amazon both as paperback and kindle format.

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...