Skip to main content

YOU'RE LEADING AGAIN by Maureen Lancaster

Control. When did I become the one to have to be in control?…

Oh, yes, widowhood can do that to one. Along with finding strength beyond what you ever thought yourself capable of. But this control thing, wow. “You’re leading again…” It was a simple statement really, one uttered by my partner during our dancing and one that got me to thinking, for I’ve always been the submissive one, or so I believed but through these past 8 years on my own I now realize how much everything in my life has changed…


You’re Leading Again…
by Maureen Lancaster 

One, Two, Three
One, Two, Three
please follow me, says he,
as he tries to dance with me

yet here I am
trying as best I can
finding myself trying to lead
wanting to go faster than your speed

I want so much for you to guide
and simply let myself, in your arms, glide
yet old habits formed in times of need
have planted deep roots from a tiny seed

found on my own to have to fend 
I’ve ended up losing my ability to simply bend
stiff and strong till now has got me through
but now I simply want to dance with you

an awakening to balance 
in surrendering, allowance
a time to be tough, a time to release
another lesson learned about inner peace

all from a chance dance
did I get another glance
at whom I’ve become
after becoming, one…




Maureen Lancaster: Maureen is a spiritual woman who shares her life journey through her writings. Not considering herself a formal writer or poet, she started writing as an outlet for healing and finding wholeness following widowhood with her first book, Revelations of a Singing Bowl. Currently she shares her poetry about loving relationships, both with others and with oneself, on her Facebook page, Musings of Love. Maureen, a spiritual intuitive, also shares her love of all things metaphysical on her Facebook page, High On Spirit. Finding herself continually inspired by the poetry and lessons that she sees within everyday occurrences, she hopes that her words will resonate with others who may struggle from time to time on their journey; for coming to the understanding that we are not alone was one of her most valuable lessons. Revelations of a Singing Bowl is available as a free abridged iBook.


~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Gather

IMBOLC by Caroline Mellor

The inspiration for this poem came after I watched a magical winter sunset and full moonrise from the top of Firle Beacon in the South Downs... Unusually for me, I wrote the poem quite quickly and changed it very little before publishing it – perhaps the energies were working through my pen! Imbolc is the mid-point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. It’s a fire festival which I particularly love because of its associations with Brigid, the Celtic Mother Goddess of arts and crafts, clear sight, healing, inspiration and nurturance of creative talents – something which, through my writing, I am always trying to connect with.  I also love Imbolc because, with so much darkness and negativity in the world today, it is a time for hope, potential, visioning and initiation. With love and blessings as the light returns. Photography by Chanel Baran IMBOLC    by Caroline Mellor I am the dream of awakening. I am the returning of the night.  I am the tough green

WINTER SOLSTICE: A GIFT OF LOVE by Carolyn Riker

I’ve had several days now of alone time… It is unusual and a gift that I couldn’t see until I breathed it. I have been able to watch the sun’s rise through the grey of dawn and smile at the flickers of frost melting on the waving boughs of evergreen. It’s unique to follow daylight as it traverses the tempo of a cat’s soft slumbering purr. Night comes swifter and the glow of candles and the flames of fire comfort me more than the steady stream of always-doing-more. As much as I resisted, I needed this break. I had no idea how much my body was trying to tell me   slow down   until the exhaustion settled in around my joints. My eyes swam in molasses. Heaviness of I-can’t-hold-out-much-long, walked me to the throne of my nest. It’s winter’s gift of self-nurturing and love. It’s been a quiet proclamation of femininity and a need for comfort foods. Lemon crisps and cranberry, white-chocolate shortbread dipped in tea; I felt a hint of being pampered without