Skip to main content

IMMORTAL PAGES OF ME by Sonja Marie Philips

 I feel a deep connection with this poem…

For I am the poet and the poem. My poem acknowledges the divine within us all. Yet, as spiritual beings in earthly garments, we are much deeper than the story that we tell ourselves. We are the authors of our own stories, the goddesses of our own truth and retribution, and creators of our own destiny.
Immortal Pages of Me
by Sonja Marie Philips

As the moonlit night
Peers through my window,
Unspoken verses of her
spill into the empty pages of me.
Anticipating,
my return to it
Fate unlocks the door
to my inner tellings
mystic winds blow out my candle.
As I sit
at my old vintage desk
A different side of me
is emerging-
Thoughts no longer separated
Her words living deep inside of me.
like an angel longing for her body
I embrace the two.
Nodding at my desk
I fall into my own story
ripping out the darkest pages of my journey
Every line
Every word
a new story emptying out of me
as the nemesis becomes the pen
of truth that slays me.
a poem with no ending
the undiscovered verses of our divinity.
As I reach out to her
She fades,
Into the immortal pages of me.

Sonja Marie Phillips- Hollie: I was born in the Windy City of Chicago but now reside in Texas. I have a degree in Spanish and have worked as a bilingual translator, supervisor and Data Analyst for Student Life Programs on campus. One of my life passions has been acting as a counselor and mentor for at risk high school students. I enjoy reading and writing poetry, dancing and hope to one day write my first novel. I am a blend of many different ethnicities, and embrace them all! I also have a fascination with Egypt: a theme that often appears in my poems. I'm a mother of three beautiful daughters. My hope is that my poetry touches someone’s heart, comforts the lonely, or redeems a lost soul.


~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

  1. Catherine
    Thank you go sharing the beautiful and inspiring gift of poetry. Much gratitude and light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Eydie! Please feel welcome here anytime, and thank you for your appreciations! :)

      Delete
  2. Sonja
    I was very moved by your poem. Thank you for being a reflection of beauty and inspiration. Much light and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Edyie��
    Blessings of love and light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Edyie��
      Blessings of love and light.
      From Sonja

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...