Skip to main content

ETERNAL ENERGY by Yvette Autin Warren

I wrote this reflection on the endless loop of life…
I wrote it as an alternative to putting our existence into categories called “birth” and “death.” With eternal life, there is only metamorphosis in the manifestations of our Eternal Sacred Spirit energy.
I have been left several times, alone with those who are ill and about to leave their physical selves because others were afraid to face the person’s pain. This has caused my grief to be doubled and tripled, as I became the receptacle for all the unexpressed pain of those who could not love one who they saw as abandoning them.
I have assisted several people at their “deaths,” honoring their requests to do so with humor. I believe that when we learn to laugh in the face of pain, we will have more people unafraid to attend to each other in times of illness and exhalation of the final physical breath of those we love.
I am invested in injecting some silly into the sacred.

Eternal Energy

Our energy is like pollen that we spread to all around us;

Some may open to receive it, and some turn away.

Some can't accept what we offer, as it is foreign to them;

These may remain as our neighbors, but never as family.



Not all around a mighty oak are destined to become trees,

And not only the trees are needed to complete a forest.

Even the duff that's produced by the oak's decay

Is important to sustain the life it, again, becomes.



The only caste system in any culture is imagined;

Neither ants, maggots, nor termites are untouchables.

They are simply the workers that we don't often see,

Refreshing energy for newly formed earthly life.



There's no new energy; it is all Alpha and Omega.

The Spirit than was in the beginning is now and forever.

It is our human duty to shelter The Sacred Spirit

In ourselves and in our family's holy home.



There are those who wish to possess your seeds.

They are the ones who cannot allow any pure beauty,

Without owning and controlling it for their own pleasure.

These will destroy a full forest to build their own beds.



We must be careful to whom we open ourselves.

Is their dust around us pollen or poison?

We must also be careful with whom we share,

As some wish to hoard our Sacred Spirit in a cage.



They will cut us off from the roots that feed us,

And when we wilt and die, they will replace us.

We can only pray that the joy we've given

Will become sacred energy in other's memories.



I was once a mighty oak, in a thriving forest,

But I continued to have branches pruned,

And poisons poured around my roots.

But the poison poured didn't kill all of me.



Two of my acorns lived to sprout in new soil;

By others in the forest, they have been taken away.

When I see them sheltering their own small trees,

And I am overcome with gratitude for their grace.



I weep for the forests that are not nurtured;

Where every leaf that falls is quickly taken away;

Where no care is taken in grafting and pollinating,

And the tiny trees are too crowded to thrive.



I wish that my body could be put upon a pyre,

And set out in the shade of a huge oak tree.

Birds feast on my flesh and bones enrich the soil,

This would seem perfect recycling for my energy.



Or take my body out on my much-loved lake,

With my friends and family in my funeral boat.

Mark the spot where I am placed in the water;

The crabbing will be very good here.



I lived to laugh, love, and leave an impression.

Sing; dance; eat; drink; laugh until you choke.

I see nothing sacred about sadness,

And you will never be free of my energy. HaHa!

Yvette Autin Warren: I am a grandmother who was recently ordained as a minister in the Universal Life Church. I sought this title to honor my many years of ministering to those around me as daughter, sister, wife, mother, food service manager, community volunteer, aunt, and friend. After my children were grown and I retired from the workforce, I had no title that I felt actually honored my current position in society. I am still ministering, but not in the physical spheres in which I did serve.  I now mostly serve as an elder and advisor. I write about my spiritual journey and have published several books, the most recent We’re Already Eternal a collection of insights into the ways we manifest The Sacred Spirit with our lives. Join me in my journey at my blog 'One Family, Many Faiths' here. 

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Gather

IMBOLC by Caroline Mellor

The inspiration for this poem came after I watched a magical winter sunset and full moonrise from the top of Firle Beacon in the South Downs... Unusually for me, I wrote the poem quite quickly and changed it very little before publishing it – perhaps the energies were working through my pen! Imbolc is the mid-point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. It’s a fire festival which I particularly love because of its associations with Brigid, the Celtic Mother Goddess of arts and crafts, clear sight, healing, inspiration and nurturance of creative talents – something which, through my writing, I am always trying to connect with.  I also love Imbolc because, with so much darkness and negativity in the world today, it is a time for hope, potential, visioning and initiation. With love and blessings as the light returns. Photography by Chanel Baran IMBOLC    by Caroline Mellor I am the dream of awakening. I am the returning of the night.  I am the tough green

WINTER SOLSTICE: A GIFT OF LOVE by Carolyn Riker

I’ve had several days now of alone time… It is unusual and a gift that I couldn’t see until I breathed it. I have been able to watch the sun’s rise through the grey of dawn and smile at the flickers of frost melting on the waving boughs of evergreen. It’s unique to follow daylight as it traverses the tempo of a cat’s soft slumbering purr. Night comes swifter and the glow of candles and the flames of fire comfort me more than the steady stream of always-doing-more. As much as I resisted, I needed this break. I had no idea how much my body was trying to tell me   slow down   until the exhaustion settled in around my joints. My eyes swam in molasses. Heaviness of I-can’t-hold-out-much-long, walked me to the throne of my nest. It’s winter’s gift of self-nurturing and love. It’s been a quiet proclamation of femininity and a need for comfort foods. Lemon crisps and cranberry, white-chocolate shortbread dipped in tea; I felt a hint of being pampered without