Skip to main content

THE BREATH OF LIFE by Solodad Maria

 A new dawn is rising…

The early morning awakens my soul’s desire for peace, connection and beauty.  The infinite source of life blesses each day with the unity and balance of a new dawn: a new life. With each breath I open and release that which is the presence of the Divine within, and my truest nature: a blessed woman and healer of souls.  

Deep sensitivity awakens inside of me as I reflect on each moment of possibilities and freedom. I feel the breath of life speaking and breathing through me: staying with me and blessing me with eternal wisdom and love. It’s the breath of God/Goddess, the breath of the beloved. And it fills me with the joy of uniting with the source. Blessed be every breath rising like a new dawn: rising like a new me.

The Breath of Life

If I give away my deepest soul
If I give away what is yet to unfold
If I bless each day with a life that is new
Will I know myself as this woman I am?

If I bless this moment: deeply loved
If I breathe in this breath with the Divine that I am
If I know my soul is as deep as the ocean
Will it come back to me as a source of joy?

Will I free myself and bless each second
Knowing who I am and truly living this breath
In soulful solitude
With a longing in the heart
Blessing me with the wisdom 
That frees me to be

Aaaaaah…

The breath of life!



Solodad Maria
 has worked as a healer and spiritual midwife for nearly twenty years. Though Solodad is based in the United Kingdom, she is a member of the International Association of Medical Intuitives. Using sound and movement as healing tools, she draws mainly from tribal and indigenous cultures. She is author of Healing From The Heart,an autobiographical account of awakening and the woman inside. You may connect with Solodad via her website here, follow her blog "Feminine Awakening" here, or e-mail her solodadmaria@rediffmail.com




~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...