Skip to main content

A RIVER SO DEEP by Krishna Rose

So many wise and wonderful women have been, and continue to be, overlooked in this world…

Mary Magdalene is one such beautiful woman. She was a wise and saintly princess in the line of Benjamin: one of the few who witnessed the crucifixion of Jesu, The Messiah, King of Jews. Yet, for the last 2,000 years she has been misrepresented in an unflattering light, and even called a prostitute. 

These last few years I have dedicated myself to researching and writing about her life. This song is Her song to Him. It takes us to the last supper, at which Mary Magdalene was naturally present. And to the brutal slaying of The Lord of Love upon the gruesome scene of the crucifixion. But Mary Magdalene never forgot. How could she? So, here, in this poem, I capture her tale of woe.


A River So Deep
by Krishna Rose

(This is an extract from Magdalene Speaks, from “A vision of The Last Supper”)

Our last goodbye
Was something I'll never forget
Those twisted hours
Where all the grace left
"Weep not for me I'm alive in the eyes of all of life"
He whispered to me 
As he said his last goodbyes

My heart like glass chalice broke
As thunder it roared
And lightening stroke
We lay our eyes on him for one last time
And cried a river

The candles burned so bright
T'was like a million suns
Bread lay broken
Wine was spilled
Without the light of the sun
A deep shadow was cast
The untruthfulness of our lives
Parted in the air 

Paradise shivered
The day he died
A river was born 
Oh the way she cried
"Weep not for me, I'm alive in the eyes of all of life"
Painting 'Mary Magdalene' by the author, Krishna Rose

Krishna Rose: Born in England, Krishna has been deeply moved by classic poetry, art and music. Having worked in the music industry as touring assistant to many famous rock stars (Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Heart, Def Leppard, Ozzy Osbourne, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Richard Marx, Skid Row, Pearl Jam, Whitesnake, Robert Plant, Dio, Cinderella, The Scorpions, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and many more), she travelled the world. After many years of working in that industry, she took a life-changing trip to India, where she met her spiritual teacher Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Goswami Maharaja, the famed Yuga-Acharya of India.  Staying with him for some time, he told her to write and perform English songs in the vein of great poets like Wordsworth, Yeats and Milton.  Already a fan of classic poetry, Krishna Rose set about writing and recording three CD's of self-produced music: Beneath The Rose being the culmination of her music realized. Her music is available on her website here, or on Amazon here. Currently Krishna Rose is penning her first novel, "MagdaleneSpeaks", which she hopes will bring together people of various faiths, in true understanding of divine love, through the story of Mary Magdalene and Jesu. All illustrations and accompanying music for this long awaited book, will be by Krishna Rose. Connect with Krishna on Facebook here or Twitter. 

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...