Skip to main content

SACRED TEMPLE by Sonja Phillips

Earth belongs to us all. Our bodies are its sacred temples…

Nature is the blueprint for our lives for you and me. If we only take the time to examine all of its beauty, then we would be able to see the parallels within our own lives and that of the natural world around us.Spending time in nature helps us to become attuned with our selves, life, love and its wisdom.

As I grow and learn to love myself it helps me learn to live in peace and harmony with others. Until then, I we shall remain hopeful that these laws of nature shall manifest in the hearts of all of humankind, learning a great lesson from our ancestors: that the return to nature is a return to love.

Sacred Temple
by Sonja Phillips

I am the sacred temple
where spirit and flesh
unite.
As hidden truths
uncover the darkness
I am led into the
prevailing light.
It is here,
where love reaches
deep inside of me
down into the innermost
parts
that often remain
hidden,
from the rest
of the world.
It is here,
where I become nature
and nature becomes me.
in my sacred temple
beyond the myths
and delusions...
I begin to see reality.
As I return to love-
love embraces me.

Sonja Marie Phillips- Hollie: I was born in the Windy City of Chicago but now reside in Texas. I have a degree in Spanish and have worked as a bilingual translator, supervisor and Data Analyst for Student Life Programs on campus. One of my life passions has been acting as a counselor and mentor for at risk high school students. I enjoy reading and writing poetry, dancing and hope to one day write my first novel. I am a blend of many different ethnicities, and embrace them all! I also have a fascination with Egypt: a theme that often appears in my poems. I'm a mother of three beautiful daughters. My hope is that my poetry touches someone’s heart, comforts the lonely, or redeems a lost soul.


~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...