Skip to main content

MOTHERS: GODDESSES IN DISGUISE by Vidya Chetan

Today I was thinking of some of the precious possessions I have in my life, my mother being on the very top of my list...

Not only for me, but Mothers are most valued, next to God, for all the creations on this earth. Without my own mother, I cannot even imagine how I would have survived a single day! Her unconditional love and care is unparalleled with any other relation I have in my whole life, no matter which new relations I make.

Therefore, I bow my head to my own mother and all mothers, who sacrifice much happiness only to see the smiling faces of their children. I wish that the kids who grow up to ignore their mothers realize their mothers' value and give their mothers due gratitude and importance by taking special care of them in their old age. For mothers have big hearts that only know how to love. At least, mine did. 



Mothers: Goddesses in Disguise!
by Vidya Chetan

I can't remember much of my childhood,
as I grow those days are forgotten,
yet they were made precious by mom,
who cared for us, forfeiting her time and
priceless moments when we disturbed her, naively.

Still, without complaining, she took care of us,
without taking care of herself,
 praying only for the happiness of her kids,
 getting worried when our faces became slightly gloomy.

My mother showed me the world of reading and writing,
For which I am obligated to her!
She taught me to believe in fairy legends,
and in myself.

Once we become steady, we overlook the first lessons 
of how our mothers taught us to walk and talk,
yet we didn't grow up by our own efforts 
but by the sweat and toil of our mothers' very souls.

Supportive and assisting in bad times,
unveiling patience and benevolence,
she who does not leave us under any circumstance.

"Mom, you are the goddess in my life!
My goddess: who knows to shower only love upon me!
Something, I sadly, may only truly comprehend
 when you are no more."

No words can express the gratitude for mother's sacrifices.
As long as mother stays with us,
we are always children in her eyes
held in her protective hands and prayers.

"You are the most perceptible, tangible goddess in my life!
You, who made me, and taught me perseverance.
You who were always there for people in need."

I cannot offer my mother better praise than with poetry,
expressing how my heart is devoted 
to this goddess in my life!



Vidya Chetan: A blogger on social and environmental issues surrounding current events, Vidya is deeply inspired and motivated by Nature’s green beauty, which she finds both calming and energizing to her soul. As such, spirituality and Nature are closely linked for Vidya: a theme she often writes about with much passion. As a full time working professional in a corporate atmosphere, Vidya finds that the meditative practice of writing poems helps calm her mind, relieve tension and keep her sane. Her debut poetry book, Song of Soul was published in 2012. An ardent fan of Wordsworth and Gibran, Vidya finds solace in their works, which relieve her of her tensions and worries.

*For submission guidelines, click here.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Gather

IMBOLC by Caroline Mellor

The inspiration for this poem came after I watched a magical winter sunset and full moonrise from the top of Firle Beacon in the South Downs... Unusually for me, I wrote the poem quite quickly and changed it very little before publishing it – perhaps the energies were working through my pen! Imbolc is the mid-point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. It’s a fire festival which I particularly love because of its associations with Brigid, the Celtic Mother Goddess of arts and crafts, clear sight, healing, inspiration and nurturance of creative talents – something which, through my writing, I am always trying to connect with.  I also love Imbolc because, with so much darkness and negativity in the world today, it is a time for hope, potential, visioning and initiation. With love and blessings as the light returns. Photography by Chanel Baran IMBOLC    by Caroline Mellor I am the dream of awakening. I am the returning of the night.  I am the tough green

WINTER SOLSTICE: A GIFT OF LOVE by Carolyn Riker

I’ve had several days now of alone time… It is unusual and a gift that I couldn’t see until I breathed it. I have been able to watch the sun’s rise through the grey of dawn and smile at the flickers of frost melting on the waving boughs of evergreen. It’s unique to follow daylight as it traverses the tempo of a cat’s soft slumbering purr. Night comes swifter and the glow of candles and the flames of fire comfort me more than the steady stream of always-doing-more. As much as I resisted, I needed this break. I had no idea how much my body was trying to tell me   slow down   until the exhaustion settled in around my joints. My eyes swam in molasses. Heaviness of I-can’t-hold-out-much-long, walked me to the throne of my nest. It’s winter’s gift of self-nurturing and love. It’s been a quiet proclamation of femininity and a need for comfort foods. Lemon crisps and cranberry, white-chocolate shortbread dipped in tea; I felt a hint of being pampered without