Skip to main content

THE HOLY MAKING OF THE DAY by Lynn



The Holy Making of the Day


Balm for my soul
small moments of grace
 I open my heart to blessings
flowing through me

Aware of my essence
enfolding all parts of myself
shadow and light 
into the sacred whole

I return inside to heal
breathing purpose and light 
returning to innocence

This moment 
impregnated with simply being 
I surrender to love

The holy making of the day


*


(This poem originally appeared in Lynn's debut poetry collection, Back to Grace, found here) 




Lynn: As a truth seeker, pilgrim, light worker and energy healer I write and run social media pages under the pen name of ‘Earthschool Harmony’. As a third generation poet, I was influenced by the wisdom of poets, sages, saints and mystics such as Rumi, Kabir, Hafiz, Lalla and Mirabai. Recently, I published my first spiritual poetry book, Back to Grace (December, 2018). It represents my personal journey of awakening and carries with it an essence of healing, love and light that nourishes the soul: an offering of scribed soul food. I am also blessed to be a full time, stay-at-home mother of three children (two born with disabilities), a community volunteer worker, reiki practitioner, NDE survivor, light worker, philanthropist, lover of  books and lover of life. I live on the beautiful and healing rural coastline near Byron Bay on the East coast of Australia. I invite you to connect with me via my Earthschool Harmony blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, in which I offer healing, love and light through words and images. Or you may visit my website here. 


*For submission guidelines, click here.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...