Skip to main content

GRATITUDE AND GODDESS by Rhea Ruth Aitken


I am feeling awash with gratitude for the constant love, companionship and motivation that Mother Goddess so graciously gives. Even the days when nothing seems worth striving for, she gently reminds me I have so much to be grateful for, have so many blessings, and a heart full of the knowing she will always lead me to my rightful place however winding the road may be.


Gratitude for Goddess
 
Rhea Ruth Aitken
  
 
Gratitude seeps ever from my soul
 
Wells and springs forth from within me
 
Erupts in tears, smiles and ecstatic screams
 
With a pounding heart and a soft touch
 
With the falling or budding of a leaf
 
And the crunch or melt of the snow
 
Seasons of sun beating on my face
 
And the wind whispering
 
Things I need to know.

 
There are not enough words
 
Not enough books, or poets
 
Or quotes from lyricists’ tongues
 
Or sighs from my soul to capture
 
My love of the Goddess
 
And my gratitude for her glorious gifts.
 
The way she touches my deepest places
 
Soothes my most hidden fears
 
And pulls me oft times harshly
 
From the darkest of times.
 
How she lights the eternal flame
 
Of wisdom and fiery wilfulness
 
And seeds determination
 
Within my sometimes
 
Depleted and dampened heart.

 
How she has showed me
 
The utter and unending beauty
 
Of sisterhood and feminine divinity
 
Of how the unseen spaces of the Mother womb
 
Has the power of alchemy and magic
 
To manifest dreams and wrap a blanket 
 
Of well-being around me.
 
How she has taught me to rise strong
 
To shine in the face of those
 
that have no belief in me or her.
 
How she has seen me through being
 
Maiden, Mother and now Crone
 
All stages of my womanly journey
 
Experiencing dark and light, joy and sorrow
 
But always with the magnificent prize
 
That ageing with the Goddess brings.

 
When I talk of her, pray to her
 
Sing to her and drum her heartbeat to my own
 
I embrace her into me with every breath
 
Feel her and know her
 
In my earthly world
 
And the mystical worlds I carry within me.
 
She is the ever-present Grand Mother
 
Forever loving, forever protective
 
She is in all and everything
 
The greatest love I will behold

 
And now with the wisdom that is my reward
 
I seek no longer for any other
 
For none can compare
 
To the sacred flame she has kindled in my heart
 
And for which gratitude seems such a tiny word.




Rhea Ruth Aitken walks her spiritual path as a Creatress, Communicator of Spirits, Daughter of the Goddess and Writer of Poetry, Stories and Songs. Spirituality and creativity are ever present passions in her life journey. As a channel for Spirit, she naturally uses writing as a spiritual practice. A focus for healing, expression and creativity, it nurtures mindfulness of divine womanhood, knowing and communing with the authentic truth of the soul. Passionate about all the above, this wonderful earth, good books, art, coffee, the moon and magic, website, or Facebook. 





*For submission guidelines, click here.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...