Skip to main content

BELLIS PERENNIS by Amanda Jane

 

Bellis Perennis 


While she sleeps

Under the watchful eyes of the sky.

 

A push of daisies under her pillow

Chains of dreams wrap her heart

While they float so high

Her face, so peaceful

Her eyes, sleepy shut.

 

Splashes of crystal-clear waterfall

Splash down her cheeks

Crashing on the structure of her face.

 

A dream of warmth

Of Mother Nature

A woman she truly loves.

 

A spring of life in her heart

Blossom so fresh

She looks so happy

So peaceful

As she enjoys her rest.

 

While she sleeps

Under the watchful eyes of the sky.




Amanda Jane (West Yorkshire, England) is a woman of nature she enjoys getting lost in the world and admiring its beauty, she loves listening to the birds tweet their song and listening to the buzz of the bee. Her true love is the major oak. She likes to imagine its visitors of the past and often wonders about the wrinkles of its bark. she loves admiring their offering to the planet. She believes that we should all be as wild and free as the sea while letting the wind blow us free. Amanda Jane is often inspired by nature. More of her successful submissions can be found here. 


*For submission guidelines, click here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...