Skip to main content

TETHERED by Vrinda Aguilera

Ever since I can remember I have always felt things acutely...

Being sensitive to life and it's realities is a simultaneous curse and blessing, for there exists such a wide array of experiences: from the deep, dark chasms and valleys of suffering, to the dizzyingly high mountain peak cliffs of joy, the vast, wide open plateaus and stretches of everything else that fall in between!

One such platform that these polarities encompass is the dichotomy of the fact of human existence itself- to be an eternal, unfettered spiritual being yet contained in an embodied frame. These apparently contradicting forces push and pull, as I strive to journey towards my wholeness in love and light with harmony and grace. This life task remains for me one best approached with fearlessness and faith.

Tethered
by Vrinda Aguilera

I am tethered
By a rope to the ground
Bound
To the earth stuck tight
Freedom denied
Hands tied
It's not right!
Fight
Fight to get loose
Of this confounded noose
Around my neck
Keeping me in check
This length of chain
Shackled and in pain
''Let me loose"
My refrain
I tug and strain
My whole life I've trained
For this one moment of choice
Will I use my voice?
Tethered
Again to the ground
I return
The descent stings and burns
Bound
My vision cast high
Yonder past the cloudy skies
Heavenly dreams
Bursting at the seams
Of my life
Strife
Again knocks me down
Self created dramas
Phantom pauses and commas
Spiraling
Whiling my life away
Until this bungee cord of indecision begins to fray
Will I stray?
From my self created demands
My stuck-in-a flight-pattern flying without plans
Inner compass needle bent askew and awry
My dreams and goals continue to time bide, waning like the moon and tide
Enough!
This tether
Is not made of leather
It is constructed of fear
Keeping me tied to the near
While my passionate pursuits
Life's overflowing, obtainable fruits
My creative fires burn, smolder and smoke
Inhaling desperation only makes me choke
Do not give up hope!
Grasp the cord, cut it free
I am made of stronger stuff, you see
I will not fall at the speed of light
Misery and suffering my only plight
No!
I am meant for Hope and Life and Light
I am meant for Growth, Love and reaching great heights
I will break free from this self-made bondage
I will stand up and fight
With great might
And a touch of insight
That's right!
No longer bound
Feet on the ground
I am found
Untethered.


Vrinda Aguilera is a Montessori trained primary school teacher, an intuitive energy healer, a closet poet, and practitioner of bhakti-yoga. She is passionate about supporting women on their spiritual journey and is an experienced life-coach. She lives in rural Florida with her husband and three children where she blossoms in the experience of mothering. You may connect with her by e-mailing her at: vrinda.aguilera@gmail.com





~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Gather

IMBOLC by Caroline Mellor

The inspiration for this poem came after I watched a magical winter sunset and full moonrise from the top of Firle Beacon in the South Downs... Unusually for me, I wrote the poem quite quickly and changed it very little before publishing it – perhaps the energies were working through my pen! Imbolc is the mid-point between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. It’s a fire festival which I particularly love because of its associations with Brigid, the Celtic Mother Goddess of arts and crafts, clear sight, healing, inspiration and nurturance of creative talents – something which, through my writing, I am always trying to connect with.  I also love Imbolc because, with so much darkness and negativity in the world today, it is a time for hope, potential, visioning and initiation. With love and blessings as the light returns. Photography by Chanel Baran IMBOLC    by Caroline Mellor I am the dream of awakening. I am the returning of the night.  I am the tough green

WINTER SOLSTICE: A GIFT OF LOVE by Carolyn Riker

I’ve had several days now of alone time… It is unusual and a gift that I couldn’t see until I breathed it. I have been able to watch the sun’s rise through the grey of dawn and smile at the flickers of frost melting on the waving boughs of evergreen. It’s unique to follow daylight as it traverses the tempo of a cat’s soft slumbering purr. Night comes swifter and the glow of candles and the flames of fire comfort me more than the steady stream of always-doing-more. As much as I resisted, I needed this break. I had no idea how much my body was trying to tell me   slow down   until the exhaustion settled in around my joints. My eyes swam in molasses. Heaviness of I-can’t-hold-out-much-long, walked me to the throne of my nest. It’s winter’s gift of self-nurturing and love. It’s been a quiet proclamation of femininity and a need for comfort foods. Lemon crisps and cranberry, white-chocolate shortbread dipped in tea; I felt a hint of being pampered without