Skip to main content

DIVINE NATURE by Diane Bell


In honor of Earth Day: Today and every day may we remember to treasure the Earth and recognize our Oneness with Her and with all Life. 

Divine Nature

I am the fallen tree
rotting on the forest floor.
And I am the new growth 
nourished by the death that came before.

I am the trees and the saplings that grow. 
I am the mushrooms, the moss, 
and the breeze that blows. 
I am the sky above. I am the light.
I am the branches that stretch up with all their might.

I am the butterfly, the caterpillar, 
and the chrysalis.
I am the gloriousness of all there is.

I am the bud and the blossom. 
I am the green leaf of Spring. 
I am One with everything.

I am also the withered leaves of Fall.
I am expansive enough to encompass it all.

I am love and heartbreak, 
disappointment and beauty.
Loss, grief and joy all exist within me.

At Peace with it all,
life, death and rebirth,
I am certain of my connection with Mother Earth.



Diane Bell is a writer living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest of the United States. She writes poetry to connect with the world around her and with the Divine within her. Her first collection of poetry, “Empowerment Through Love”, was published in late 2016. In addition, her poetry has been published in several anthologies, including “The Light Within”, “Finding Our Wings”, and “Best of Spiritual Writers Network 2014”. For more of her writing, visit her Facebook page "Empowerment Through Love". 

*For submission guidelines, click here.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...