Skip to main content

I AM THAT by Yol Swan


This poem came to me after spending some time at the Meher Spiritual Center in SC and being touched by the spiritual energy of the place and the natural environment the Center is surrounded by. I take time to visit it at least once a year and completely immerse myself in my spiritual practices and my writing, because everything there reminds me that everything is connected and we are one and the same as Infinite Consciousness.

Photo Montage of Padmasana by Catherine Ghosh for Integral Yoga Magazine

I am That

I am the pulse of existence,

the space between your thoughts,

and the spark of your desires.


I am the source of life and death,

the everything and the nothing,

all happiness and all sorrow.



I am mountains and rivers,

creatures and creators,
planets and galaxies,
and beyond.



I am the power of eternal love,

the magnificent light
behind the veil of illusion,

and the illusion itself.



I am you,
if you could see me,
flowing through your mind,

making your every move,

whispering in your heart.


I am that, and you are

that which I am, too,

unaware of the worlds
you create and destroy

with every single thought.


(Click on the play button below to hear Yol Swan recite her poem
 to the soothing guitar music of Vishnu Das) 






Yol Swan is an intuitive spiritual counselor, life purpose coach, and creative writer with an eclectic life and an intense spiritual journey of self-exploration. With degrees in English Literature, music, and homeopathy, Buddhist and Hindu spiritual teachers, and over 28 years exploring the mind and psyche, Vedic and metaphysical sciences, psychology and spirituality, Yol discovered that her life purpose was to share her intuitive gifts to empower others to discover their own purpose and embrace their true sense of self. You may visit her website here to learn more about her services, or find her on facebook. 


~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing my poem here. I love the pictures you chose!

    Regards,

    Yol Swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your poem and meditational video, Yol. And I am happy you liked the pictures! The one on the top is a self-portait montage by yours truly. I thought it blended beautifully with the subject of your poem. I look forward to sharing more of your poems in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...