Skip to main content

I SEE YOU by Savitri Ingga Talahatu


During a rainy day at a World Peace ceremony community event...

... at Kew Beach garden in Toronto this past summer, folks from all walks life collectively offered prayers for peace to every corner of the world.

 I was sitting with two friends who were visiting from Indonesia when a simple but powerful gaze of someone's eyes reminded me of our eternal abode.  With heart opened, senses heightened, spirit and nature danced together wildly within, "I see You" was born.  

I see You
in the wise counsel of the elders
in the innocence of little children and street wisdom of the youths
in the sweet embrace and playful exchange of dear friends
in the warm sunshine touching my skin
in the soft Summer breeze playing with my long hair
in every step of Life's ecstatic dance
in each gamelan tune and echo of the gongs
in the dewy grass and crisp white sand I danced on this morning
in the wispy wild flowers swaying gracefully
in the glitters of the stars and the soft light of the moon
in the early morning sun and late night silence
in the sacred sound vibrating in my veins, rejoicing in my heart
in the depth of soul-reaching gaze of someone's eyes that reminds me of home

Through melting heart and tears of gratitude,
I see You,
Beloved.



Savitri Ingga Talahatu was born and raised in Bali to musician parents from different ethnic and religious backgrounds. She is mother to a grown son and god-mother to a beautiful 17 year old god-daughter.  Savitri has been a multi-disciplinary teacher for almost three decades, having taught in the public system in Indonesia and in Canada, at universities and community colleges, women's shelters and senior residences. She currently teaches bhakti-infused Hatha and Kundalini Yoga classes, facilitates Yoga and Wellness workshops in Toronto, and at an annual Yoga teacher-training program in Bali.  Savitri is also a life coach, holistic health practitioner, labor and post-partum doula, childbirth educator and Reiki Master. In her spare time, she plays with a gamelan ensemble since its inception in 2001. You may contact Savitri though e-mail soulsanctuary88@gmail.com Or on facebook here. 

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...