Skip to main content

I AM THE HERMIT by Maureen Lancaster:

Getting to the root of what it is that calls to my soul is not an easy task...

But it is one that I’m continually urged to do, for I push myself to continually grow; to understand the lessons, to incorporate new truths. It is an intrinsic part of who I am.  

The main tool that I use to converse with myself is the Tarot. In numerology, my birthdate adds up to the number nine and in the Tarot, the number nine is The Hermit, a most appropriate symbol for me. 

I have found that when exploring our metaphysical connections, much can be gleaned from understanding how our journey is affected by the influences of everything surrounding our birth, for I am The Hermit, the introspective one.



I am The Hermit
by Maureen Lancaster

I am The Hermit
The number 9:
Reclusive, introspective 
Ever searching truths as mine.

A light to beckon
My lamp I hold
A light to lead
An old soul, I’m told.

Teacher
Mentor
Questing 
Ventures

Far reaching
On solid ground
Deeply thinking
Come gather round

Awaken senses
To The Universe
Enlightenment 
To disperse 

The Son, my Master
Born the 27th day
Chesed, Tiphareth
My pathway

Licorice and Magenta
Symbols true
Eagle, Snake
Symbols too

There is no fear
When understood
Acceptance, patience
All for good

Free spirit one
Cycle’s end
New pathways
Round the bend

Tune into self
Seek and find
Inner wisdom
No more blind




Maureen Lancaster: Maureen is a spiritual woman who shares her life journey through her writings. Not considering herself a formal writer or poet, she started writing as an outlet for healing and finding wholeness following widowhood with her first book, Revelations of a Singing Bowl. Currently she shares her poetry about loving relationships, both with others and with oneself, on her Facebook page, Musings of Love. Maureen, a spiritual intuitive, also shares her love of all things metaphysical on her Facebook page, High On Spirit. Finding herself continually inspired by the poetry and lessons that she sees within everyday occurrences, she hopes that her words will resonate with others who may struggle from time to time on their journey; for coming to the understanding that we are not alone was one of her most valuable lessons. Revelations of a Singing Bowl is available as a free abridged iBook.



~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 



Comments

  1. Thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom! My son is 11 and my personal urge number is 9. When my time comes I will not be afraid. Much love ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...