Skip to main content

"REWILDERED": THE SONG OF THE SOUL by Sara Åsberg

This poem belongs to the Wild Woman, and to all the wild women that are waking up to their true nature...

This poem belongs to the raw feminine force that is rising all over the planet, setting things on fire and creating chaos. This poems belongs to the sisters, to the women, to the wolves. This is to, and for, all of us that are reclaiming our inner wilderness and have started the brave journey back to our souls. 



"Rewildered"/The Song if the Soul
by Sara Åsberg

There is this thing going on; I think have found a melody that was long lost and gone.

There is this strange but yet somehow familiar feeling, that has been bumping around within my veins for a while now, soothing and healing.

There is this old but newfound tune, that slowly is rising up, towards the moon.

It is steaming up from the depths of my inner sea, splashing around in my blood. An enchanting sound that spreads from cell to cell to cell to all around; sweeping across the connectivce tissue, moving through the ground.

There is this inner serenade that has started to swing and sing within my nerve system; a silent hiss that travels throughout the joints and bones; a playful bouncing against my eardrums, tick-tock tick-tock, a whispering which is luring from beyond.

There is this feeling, spreading.

A feeling that has been twitching and itching and sounding within the marrow of my bones for so long. It is singing the song, the song of the old. It is singing me slowly all the way back home.

I am reaching my soul. I am bringing her back from below. From the depths of the ocean, from the darkness above.

And the reunion it tastes so sweet; the soft grass is dancing, the soil is meeting the soles of my feet.

The wind is twirling and swirling. The air is beneath and under my wings.

I move my head to the heart and the heart to ground; a long lost melody is singing, the song is finally found.  

My chest is open, and from the top of my lungs, I howl howl howl. This is the sound of my soul. I never gonna stop. I howl. 



Sara Åsberg: I am a wild wolf, and a wild woman, that has awakened to her true nature. Life is my art, and my heart is my inner compass that always guides me back home. I inspire to be an inspiration to other women to unleash from whatever holds them back. I want to empower sisters to rise towards the greatest versions of them selves, to dare to touch the moon and fly away into the night! You can find me on Instagram on the account "wildwolfmedicine" or on Facebook. 





~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...