Skip to main content

REST ON LEAVES by Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg

Autumn is my favorite season…

It calls to me as the shift of this season transforms, I feel a transformation calling to me. I come to a returning to my soul, looking deep within.

As I feel all that this season sheds; I feel a shedding too. And I feel all that I falls away, a releasing, the changes of the season of me.   

Rest on Leaves

rest on leaves.
that cover earth,
blending,
colors that
fold,
touching autumn’s breath.
it comes with a turning,
my life not exerting-
a stillness upon me,
to settle within.
listen to the season’s
hum upon the wind,
ushering a chill,
a silence to its closing,
trees now release
their garments,
now flowing
colors,
stand tall and naked-
against the dark sky.
like me,
I shed
to release,
to pause and see-
the resting of me.
it brings me to listening,
to changes beginning,
in the shifts now-
splitting,
ending
coming,
to myself seeing,
the season of me.
~
~Pictured is the author, Maureen Kwait Meshenberg, enjoying the autumn season~

Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg: About 4 years ago, I was awakened from my slumber, though it was a devastating breaking point in my life, I was reunited to a true relationship with my spiritual self and my gift through poetry. It is my intention to reach others by sharing my story through poetry and touching theirs. I am the Page owner of Heart’s Calling .I am also the Visionary Poet for the Facebook Magazine "Women as Visionaries with Lore Raymond" here. I recite spoken word at different venues and also host a monthly Creative Writing Circle using the space for women to bring out their inner release through written word. My first book is called "Seasons of The Soul: Transitions and Shifts of Life", available here. I am already working on volume II.  You may contact me through my Heart’s Calling Facebook page here.



~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...