Skip to main content

YET WILDER by Elise

I write from pure emotion...

...and I prefer not to describe my poetry, but to allow it to be interpreted on a personal level with the reader. 

"Elise is a multi-media visual artist who fuses her own original musical compositions with voice recitations of her own enchanting poetry and moving visual imagery, to offer us a very unique experience of her heart's outpours. The following are two poems from her 'Sacred Realm' collection. Treat yourself to one of her creations by clicking the play button below." 
Artwork by Reine (2009)

(To hear Elise recite her poems 'Yet Wilder' and "Pledge' click on play button)



Yet Wilder

Shalt thou remember me?
Shalt we walk the eternity
of our dreams?

Is it not the truth that we have
sought the same redemption?
Is it not the given hand of light
that binds our souls?

*

You do not wish to call me.
You do not wish to see the
veil that lay between us.

I am seclusion’s glove;
the mist within your eyes;
the voice of your silence.

We are bound,
not through flesh - yet wilder,
through the celestial prophecy
of Sacred voyage.

I cannot leave without you.
                 
*
Pledge


I pledge this soul,
to thee, Sacred Scribe
of my worldly birth,
arisen from the shrine of prose,
this mouth, these lips, these
words proclaimed.

For thou, hast given so unselfishly.
Thou, whose honour shall not deter
of everlasting love.

Nor, blessed voice forsaken,
from the prophecy of truth.


© Elise Marianne Stewart 2011
From the authors poetry book "Sacred Realm"

Elise is a UK poet, and the founder and editor of International poetry magazine Decanto. Her work has been included in various magazines and anthologies both in the UK and Internationally. Elise has written many collections of poetry, including 'For All Eternity', 'The Last Lament', 'Paradise', 'Opium Valentines' and 'Sacred Realm'. She is currently working on a new collection. Her collections have been widely reviewed. She has also been featured and interviewed in various magazines and ezines, both in the UK and abroad. Her poetry video collaboration  'Conceptus' with American poet Gregory Vincent St. Thomasino, has recently been accepted by the Southbank Centre London. You may visit Elise at her poetry website here, watch more  of her video creations here or find her on facebook here. Her poetry collections can be found here. 

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 


Comments

  1. I am entirely spellbound by your video poem creations, Elise! They create the perfect atmosphere for ingesting your beautifully poignant poetry. I love your mystical reference to a "sacred scribe' and this line here as the source of earthly existence: "arisen from the shrine of prose". Thank you for sharing your work here and I look forward to featuring you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this atmosphere, this silky beauty. I recognize the womanish powerful trace, but I feel it just as a starter point. In the kingdom of poetry, in my opinion, there are not more male and female, but only souls in common enchantment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...