Skip to main content

ARIADNE by Kiernan Antares

 When that spark of light quickened within me many years ago I knew my life was forever changed…

 It held a promise of life anew that I believed would be delivered pronto. I believed my work was done and rewards were there for the basking. Perhaps in No Time this is exactly True. But, my oh my, the years went by and deeper I was forced to go. Joyful? Ha, hardly ever! For there have been layers, years, cycles and patterns… Programs, bloodlines, and past lives  to see, to acknowledge, to experience, to heal. And self-love! Oh yes, ultimately to know, really know and embody self-love.

I really had so little understanding of the power of a woman’s body… the miracles it is capable of, the powers of creation that include giving birth to life in many, many forms.

Ariadne beckoned me to these teachings; womb wisdom, women’s wisdom and I’ve been in awe ever since. She really sums up the purpose behind all of my artistry… that which has compelled me to paint… the offering of ‘healing, hope, and empowerment for the feminine soul ~ the heart of the world that has been suppressed in each of us, but is now re-awakening and emerging as a powerful force of love and wisdom.’

Ariadne ultimately speaks of discovering the power of life, of creation… it swirls within, dipped in gold. The seeds of new life rooted; dreams, and stars, and galaxies arrive at last in our wakening. We have only to find the courage to lift the veils and gaze into the beyond to see what has been kept hidden, to acknowledge and embrace the truth that so many things we, as women, have been led to believe are ‘bad’ is actually our ‘gold’. May we alchemize our life, our bodies to live and be our truth and our power!

Ariadne

Call me Ariadne, she whispered
in the silent waiting
with my heart still thumping
from Her immensity
and presence.

Give me wings!
Give me wings!
Give me wings!
She exclaimed
I must have wings!

Cosmic… angelic… regal…
Talisman for ages and women
past, present, and future.

She’s the rose, the womb,
the stars, the galaxies seeded.
She’s our sustenance
our power, our force.

She’s all woman
She’s all women
for us who have forgotten
what lies within us
to be charged and ignited
into form… into life.


Kiernan Antares is a visionary artist, poet, and teacher based in Toronto, Ontario whose paintings and writings tell deep and rich stories through contemporary symbolism that offer healing, hope, and empowerment for the feminine soul ~ the heart of the world that has been suppressed in each of us, but is now re-awakening and emerging as a powerful force of love and wisdom. "It is my hope that something in my art will create a tiny explosion in your heart and that you will see that something, that Sacred Feminine Soul you’ve hungered for all along as a woman. She lives within you, She calls to you ~ to remember and awaken." You may connect with Kiernan via her website here, or find her on Facebook. 



~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...