Skip to main content

LET COMPASSION UFURL by Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg

This poem is about the journey of self acceptance and walking with compassion…

Walking through the doors of life can bring tender times, difficult times, but always deciding to walk with them in beauty, breathing in the moments that are offered to you. Always remembering to accept yourself, and that in today, you are enough the way you are right now.
'Day Dreaming' by Pino
Let Compassion Unfurl

Let compassion unfurl,
rewrite your life-
love the moment of you today,
let the words come-
let the pen be,
the light of your soul-
let the words be written,
on your heart.
life,
a series of doors-
you pass through,
open them and,
walk with beauty-
tender times,
discouraging times,
always holding-
your embrace,
clothed in grace-
stumble,
don’t let yourself fall-
rise up,
don’t stay down-
step into your chance,
let choice of movement-
be yours,
guided by-
your inner voice,
the one that-
calls to you,
to gently be-
yes today,
I accept me.
'Encore' by Pino



Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg is an author and a prolific poetess. She is guided by her inner soul’s journey and her empathic musings about life. Maureen’s draws from her human experiences, bringing reflective, soulful thoughts of the heart and the shifts in life’s journey to her poetry. Her most recent work includes her own Facebook page called Heart’s Calling where she currently reaches almost 3,000 regular readers. She also has her own website here. She currently hosts a monthly  sacred creative writing circle for women using writing prompts as a means of inner releasing. Maureen has 3 adult children and currently lives in Oak Park, Illinois. She has recently published her first debut poetry book called Seasons of the Soul: Transitions and Shifts of Life which can be purchased here. 



~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...