Skip to main content

PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS by Kim Buskala

I have always found a place to hide...

To hide when what I want mostly is to be found. The game I play I have mastered, invisibility, my super power. Even my screams go unheard. To this day I find comfort in being alone and afraid. Acceptance is now my game.

Perfect Imprefections
by Kim Buskala

I see a heart
Centered and full
Yellow is my sunshine
Blue is my sky
The storm in the center is my eye
I blink in disbelief
My breath I hold
Virtue pain fear stowed
Outside the brightness
Imperfections are many
Imperfections of life
Illuminated by the sun above
Below we wish to hide
Inside a cave
Ashamed, afraid, flawed
To know our world is full
Of imperfections
Which make our world go around
Perfect imperfections
In retrospect
One is the loneliest number
That you'll ever know
To be lost
With thoughts of not being found
To hide so well
That even your screams are unheard
The bleakness we create
The sun has set
Shadows grow under the moonlit sky
We are forgotten
We are lost
Only to be found
If we allow
Let the darkness
Bring comfort
Quiet stillness
The ground is my cover
I feel found
I find comfort within
Silence
No wind
The storm
No more
Perfect imperfections

Kim Buskala: “I consider myself a free spirit, I fly by the seat of my pants. I have always known that I was going to be married and raise some awesome kids. That I have done. Married to a most forgiving, funny, loving man for thirty-one years and counting. I have also been privileged to stay home and raise two gorgeous daughters ages twenty-four and sixteen. I love nature and all it has to offer. To travel the seven seas from coast to coast, becoming one with culture is always a dream. Jamaica is my happy place where I feel most accepted and at home with myself and others. Africa is a place my heart longs to be, some day I will return and dance to the beat of their drums.” You may connect with Kim via Facebook here, or e-mail her: kbuskala@yahoo.com



~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...