Skip to main content

BLUE LIPS AND MY LILAC LOVE by Laura Demelza Bosma

When I wrote this poem I read about refugees drowning while they were crossing the ocean for a better life…

With them in my mind, I just felt love: A love I could not understand until the poem transformed ‘me’ into a lilac flower-bush, somewhere above the ocean, blooming on a rock.

As a woman I feel it is my challenge to get to know myself, my earth, beyond words. With the years my capability to perceive thoughts and emotions and to be with them grows. When there is something I can’t understand or accept, poetry helps. The space to embrace whatever arises is the ocean where I can dive in for inspiration. 
Pictured is the author, Laura Demelza Bosma

Blue Lips and My Lilac Love
by Laura Demelza Bosma

My head is a bush and it blooms
it’s what it does above the rainbow 
of body with emotions 
a thoughtless fool blooms 
with thin sensitive branches 
into heavens

Where I am one 
with the compassionate Buddha 
the all-seeing eye
through this window above it all 
I get to see the boat
too thin for circumstances.

The victims in slow motion
within the forces of our ocean
love is outpouring
from the lily of the valley bush
lilac love, above it all. 

Artwork by the author, Laura Demelza Bosma


Laura Demelza Bosma (1986) is a Dutch singing and painting poetess living in Austria where she gave birth to two lovely children. She follows the river of life and loves to spend time to take care of her roots, just by being where she is wherever she is. The magic is in the little things. Laura won a few Dutch youth-poetry-prices and studied Writing For Performance at the art academy. A poetry volume got published, called ‘ Zo vliegen de walvissen’. (Thus The Whales Fly) One of her favourite expressions was the performance of her poems. They were well received at poetry-slams and other small literature-festivals. After taking part of shamanic ayahuasca-ceremonies and visiting the Babaji-ashram in Loenen (NL), Laura more and more lived her life in the name of devotion (bhakti yoga), being a woman and opening up like a flower. At the moment she is learning to become a Doula, a servant for woman during pregnancy, labor and the weeks afterwards. She wishes to combine her experience with the healing capabilities of creativity with the ones of becoming and being a mother, trusting the natural strength, love and wisdom of our own inner mother goddess, wearing all our different faces and situations. Visit her at her website here. 

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~

Comments

  1. Prachtig,lieve Laura! Ik ben trots op jou! liefs,mam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...