Skip to main content

EXISTENTIAL QUESTIONS by Anca Mihaela Bruma

For me writing now it is more related with the realization of the greater self, beyond the mundane…

When I write it disregards the well-known laws of the society, as an expression of both the rational and the intuitive. Writing as poetry increases my own self-awareness as well as my awareness of the world around me, giving them both new meanings and expanded views.

My “lyrical writings” now, as I like to call them, are more kind of a spiritual autobiography, depicting the reality behind all forms as I experienced it, with no space and time: I like to  call it a quantum view of existence.

Right now, I see the writing of poetry as a form of being present inside the language, a paradigm of living, which is encoded in the message itself.  To me poetic consciousness includes a spherical view of things, life, and love.
"Composers of the Wind" Painting by Dorina Costras


Existential Questions
by Anca Mihaela Bruma

What is left 
of a soul that slowly
is flickering on the remnants 
of its mind and heart?!? 

How do I restore
my own fire 
when everything is falling...
...yet growing?

How would I change 
the rhythm of my Life 
pressed against my own ear?

How can I be held responsible
for the consequences
when everything
is out of sequence?...

How would I freeze
that moment 
which is irreplaceable
and insatiable?...

How would I remove
the sleepless nights
and unspent memories
from the edges of my Being?

How can I cure someone
who falls under the weight of My Heart
so myself... I will not remain unsung?

How many testaments of regrets
shall I write
to someone who has fallen
from the grace of my eyes?

How would I
not let the cadence of my heart
to be taken for granted?... 

Each bite and sniff of my Life
reminds me of this fragmented World
and its hypnotic deception!...

(To listen to the artist recite her poem click play below)



Anca Mihaela Bruma: I am Romanian living in Dubai/UAE. My love for poetry started when I was just 9 years old. Since I started writing again in January 2014, it has emerged from me like an “explosion” - it is like the pen “writes” me not the other way around! My “lyrical writings”, as I like to call them, are more of a spiritual autobiography, depicting reality as I perceive it behind all forms: with no space and time, a quantum view of existence. Right now, I see the writing as a form of being present inside the language, a paradigm of living, which is encoded in the message itself, like a poetic consciousness with a spherical view of things, life, and love. For me, writing now is more related to the realization of the greater self, beyond the mundane and well-known laws of society, as an expression of both the rational and the intuitive, via poetry, increasing my awareness with new meanings expanded. Connect with Anca via Facebook, Pintrest, Youtube, or Twitter.    

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...