Skip to main content

THE SACRED DANCER by Isabelle Andres

To me, there is something very spiritual about dancing…

I cannot quite exactly pinpoint exactly what that is but every time I set myself free to follow a piece of music, my body never fails to take me on a spiritual journey the moment of the melody. This poem came to me as I was questioning how dancing could move me so much, how music and dancing could be so beautifully intertwined.

The Sacred Dancer
by Isabelle Andres

She dances to the rhythms of her life,
Fully attuned to the choreography of her heart,
She floats in the harmonious space of her notes,
Bringing to life in the spur of a moment a whole orchestra,

She makes visible the invisible,
Her hands write words only she can read,
Her body whispers stories only she can hear,
Her eyes are the gateways to emotions only she can feel,

Her strength and grace reflect the divine,
She awakens in those who watch her,
The sacred seed of their own heart,
She dances wholeheartedly,
She is alive.



Isabelle Andres: I am currently very much anchored in my spiritual journey. I have been for the past two years when I decided to quit my life and restart. It has been a beautifully challenging journey of self-discovery and still very much is. I am a hopeful resilient grower taking a huge leap of faith in a soul driven venture with my yoga tribe as spiritual ally. During these two years I have discovered myself a passion for writing and photography and I love playing with these two medias. But it is only the past few months that I have been venturing in the world of poetry and this is one of my very first poems. Connect with me via my blog here. 




~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...