Skip to main content

GOODBYE TO LOVE by Maru Garcia


 This is a humble tribute to the Love that led me to meet the best and most hidden part of me...

To the man that was by my side while I had to reprogram my heart so I would know for sure and believe for good that It did exist. 

To the touch that showed me glimpses of eternity and introduced me to the breath within my breath, to my absolute acceptance of myself. To this lifetime I was gifted to realize that Love IS why we are here.

To the God that smiled at me all along, and planned it all. A tribute to a Love that was only awe, wonder and joy.

 Goodbye To Love

Goodbye to the grins you robbed me of in times I was attempting to cry
To dreaming of a different life time every twinkle of an eye
To our saving cactuses and strays and finding falling stars

To the juggling of your lips within my breath and the inhabit of my being along your skin
To the medicine of your voice thru my worst and weakest days

To the tasting of forever in your really silly smile
To the example of your kindness in the facing of the world
Goodbye to the ecstasy of the language of your ever-dancing hands
To your dealing with my way-too-often waves of strength

Goodbye to the sacred, only ours: lust for new starts
To the trusting me even in the blindness of myself
To the best burst out laughing times after your dumbest jokes

To my silent witnessing your talents with a respect beyond the sky
To being the lucky woman of the man during your working times

Goodbye to the sponging of my heart after hearing ¨I love you bird ¨
To together making cartoon cards for our guru and unknown friends

To the quiet we created in that noisy little bar

To your being upset for the long drives due to my not knowing roads
To the sudden slow dancing of that ever-sexy night
To our discussing of arts, truth, yoga, books and creatures with more feet
To your everlasting concern of never hurting me

To the warm midnight walks and beach forbidden naps
Goodbye to the awkward partings and delicious welcome backs
To the best of me that I only saw when you pointed it out to me
Goodbye to my worst that you helped me out to unpack (and my eternal thanks)

To the bouncy anticipation of you arriving to our dates riding your bike
To your forgiving me that I never fixed the stupid car
To the best vegan and raw meals you created just for us
To your false and sweet aloofness of your worries to not worry me

To the lightness of your speech
while the passion of your tongue is inside of me
To the honesty of your sex while staring at my eyes

Goodbye to the safety of the sweetest hugs on Earth that I will forever miss

But for your reminding me of my capacity to love, your unveiling the best version of my soul and the deepest of my being, those are for me to hold on to.  I need them like the air I need to breath
If only one thing I could rewrite in this flash of life script, that would be to have met you a little earlier for more time to love you like I completely do. 

Goodbye to the best of dreams to which we must open our eyes.
Goodbye, my love, although I am still in awe of you.

October 14, 2012

Maru Garcia was born and raised in Mexico City. As a kid, she wanted to be invisible when she grew up or work for the circus as a contortionist so she could fit silently in little boxes. She has a degree in Nutrition and believes in veganism as a walking statement of love. She is a very imperfect yogi. Maru loves animals more than anything in the whole wide world, and is a strong advocate for the animals right to just be animals! There is often a doggie or a kitty or a palm tree hidden in her purse on the way to safety. She often gets in trouble for saying exactly what she thinks and feels, no editing, that is her trademark. Maru lives in Playa del Carmen with her 3 dogs, 2 birds and one cat. She does not know yet why she writes. You may contact her on facebook here. 

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...