Skip to main content

ODE TO THE WOMAN WITHIN by Helene Averous


 To the woman within, I bow …


I am born as a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, but before all, a human being with a heart, in a woman’s body.

Today is International Women’s Day and I felt to share the flow of my heart from this woman within. This feeling of gratitude to the woman in me, the one present and caring, overwhelmed me and released these words I share with you now…

Ode To The Woman Within
by Helene Averous 

To the woman who carries water to quench my thirst, I bow
To the woman who gave me life, I bow
To the woman who wipes my tears, I bow
To the woman who keeps on feeding my heart, I bow
To the woman who is tender with me, I bow
To the woman who cries, I bow
To the woman who prays, I bow
To the woman who is grateful, I bow
To the woman who suffers, I bow
To the woman who keeps on loving, I bow
To the woman who nurtures my soul, I bow
To the sacred woman, I bow

~ Om


Helene Averous: When Helene chose to stop working as an executive to settle in Asia with her family 6 years ago, her whole life made a huge turn, into the direction… within… She let go of an established life and, as a Reiki master, started to heal herself through healings, meditation and self-enquiry. When life led her to discover the holy mountain Arunachala in India, she knew that she was loved by life itself. During all those years, she wrote on (visit her blog here) to release the heart from burden and little by little let the words free to come and heal her. Willing to share her passion for the deep truth in colors she has ended writing books for kids about colors that you can discover on this website.
 Few months ago, she took her first brush in the hand and discovered that the brush too had something to express and could heal. Encouraged by her facebook friends with whom she’s been sharing her words since many years she has just published her first book of poems 'Silent Drops' found here.

~If you are interested in seeing your poetry appear in this blog, or submitting a poem by a woman that has inspired you, please click here for submission guidelines. I greatly look forward to hearing from you!~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IMAGINE A WOMAN by Patricia Lynn Reilly

  This poem invites you to look upon yourself with loving kindness… Gazing at your own true reflection, you will discover that everything you have longed for “out there” is already within you! I invite you to love your creativity fiercely. Faithfully plant seeds, allowing under-the-ground dormant seasons, nurturing your creative garden with love and gratitude. In the fullness of time, the green growing things thrust forth from the ground. It's a faithful, trustworthy process. AND it takes time and patience.  Blessed is the fruit of your creative womb! I invite you to trust your vision of the world and express it. With wonder and delight, paint a picture, create a dance, write a book, and make up a song. To give expression to your creative impulses is as natural as your breathing. Create in your own language, imagery, and movement. Follow no script. Do not be limited by the customary way things have been expressed. Your creative intuition is original. Ga...

STILL I RISE by Maya Angelou

Six years ago, I had the privilege of listening to Maya Angelou speak live on the value of poetry at the University of Florida. I share these reflections with you again today, in honor of her birthday.  I was relieved to get one of the last seats available for this rare event, having arrived at five for Maya Angelou ’s free speech at eight. The historically long line began with people settled into beach chairs in winter coats busying themselves on tablets, or eating sandwiches for dinner. As helicopters hovered above and newscasters below, I felt the excitement of realizing that thousands of people were gathering together to hear an eighty four year old black woman recite her poetry! Maya Angelou speaking at University of Florida on Feb. 27, 2013  When the curtain rose -after an overflow of hundreds were sent away- we lucky ones on the inside greeted Maya with a standing ovation, as she smiled sweetly, beginning her talk using metaphors from nature. Maya asked...

MIRABAI'S POETRY by Caitanya Dasi

Much of the mystic love poetry from India revolves around musical and theatrical expressions that portray the loving relationship between the soul and God… One such celebrated relationship was that between princess Mirabai and her divine beloved, Krishna. Born in the sixteenth century  into a noble Rajput family, Mirabai married into a family that did not take fondly to her devotion to God. Consequently, she went from royalty to mendicant, and decorated her spiritual path with poetic songs. I first heard of the great poet, Mirabai in the early 1970’s while I was living and studying bhakti yoga at the Hare Krishna temple in Los Angeles, California.  As I had a background in the performance arts Mirabai’s life instantly spoke to me. Her fusion of spiritual sentiments with song resonated with my passion for music, drama, dance, and the devotional path to loving God. In 1968 I serendipitously met a devotee by the name of Mirabai, who taught me that the perfectio...